Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw
Add a new vegetable to your shopping list!. Kohlrabi is a fresh, crunchy vegetable that makes a great addition to any salad, like our kohlrabi and apple slaw salad with sweet and savory notes.
- In a large bowl, combine the julienned kholrabi, apples, and red cabbage.
- In a separate small bowl, whish together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper. Adjust the sweetness and seasoning to your preference.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Make sure the dressing is distributed throughout the slaw.
- Let the slaw sit about 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. This allows the flavor to meld together and slightly softens the kohlrabi for better texture.
- Just before serving, garnish the slaw with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for added freshness and color
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 149kcal
- Calories from Fat kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 7.16g12%
- Saturated Fat 0.98g5%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 63mg3%
- Potassium 394mg12%
- Total Carbohydrate 22.63g8%
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g21%
- Sugars 16.11g
- Protein 1.83g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Average cost of recipe per serving: $2.83
Note: The costs are an estimated calculation and are subject to variation
depending on the time of year and your location.
Adapted from: mayoclinic.org